Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cream Cheese Pastries

I have a husband who likes to bring in treats to work. My husband works with people whose wives aren’t big bakers. I. LOVE. TO. BAKE. Pretty nice combo, huh? Well, the other day we decided to see how much people really wanted me to send something in. Jerem sent out an email that said: Micah will be sending something special in to work but she needs 2 packages of cream cheese a pound of butter and your favorite pie filling. Within 2 hours he had 4 pkg’s cream cheese, 2 lbs. butter, and 2 cans of raspberry pie filling on his desk. So I got to work on this recipe.

1/2 c. butter

4 oz. cream cheese

1/4 tsp. salt

1 TBS powder sugar

1 1/2 c flour

Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth, beat in salt. Add sugar and stir in the flour in 1/2 c increments until a stiff dough is formed.

I multiplied this x 6. After  a workable dough was formed I cut it into 48 chunks and patted each one into a little circle before wrapping it in plastic wrap.

tarts 004

Then I stuck them in the fridge overnight, really all you need is an hour. This morning I rolled them out into nice 6 inch circles.

tarts 005

Spoon about 1 TSB of filling on one side, fold over and seal with a fork. I made a pwd sugar glaze that I brushed on and then baked them at 350 for about 12-14 min.

tarts 003

Once these are made up, BEFORE baking you could freeze them for baking later. Works like a charm. I can just imagine all the fillings that could be made for these if I didn’t want to do pie filling from a can.

tarts 007

Quite the yummy breakfast. Pastry, Kiwi, Honey Vanilla yogurt with Homemade Granola. Mmm…good!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is probably a good thing we don't live nearer, I'd be a fatty! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come live at your house??? Breakfast, any breakfast for that matter would be nice. :) Thanks for sharing- very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes my day!